Really, being cooked it tastes delicious! So let’s try our savoury spicy curd bean with black pepper and master the healthy art of tofu! It’s TOFUlly the right thing to do!
Upload recipe photo
Please rate it
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves : Family of four
- 500g/17.5oz firm tofu, cut into cubes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 15ml/0.5fl oz vegetable oil for sauteeing
- 2 tsp. cornstarch for the sauce/plus 1 tsp. for dusting
- 50g/1.75oz red pepper, thinly sliced
- 20g/0.75oz ginger, julienne
- 125ml/4.25fl oz water
- 30ml/1fl oz sweet soy sauce
- 30ml/1fl oz light soy sauce
- 2 tsp. palm sugar
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns, slightly crushed
- 7g/0.25oz spring onions for garnish
Tip: Tofu may also be baked instead of fried. Expel as much moisture out of tofu blocks by pressing then bake for 30 minutes at 175C/350F, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- Lightly dust tofu with cornstarch, shaking off excess.
- Pan fry in vegetable oil, turning occasionally until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan.
- Sauté ginger, red pepper, and black peppercorns until aromatic.
- Stir together water, cornstarch, sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, and sugar in a bowl until free from lumps.
- Pour mixture into the pan and simmer until thick.
- Toss the fried tofu cubes into the sauce until evenly coated.
- Top with chopped spring onions.
If you use different ingredients than the ones used in this recipe or use alternate method, please click Here to post your variation.