Upload recipe photo
Please rate it
Preparation Time : 20-30 mins
Cooking Time : 45-60 mins
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 4 guajillo chiles (also known as chile cascabel ancho)
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4. tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- Toast the chiles in a dry medium hot pan for about 30 seconds per side until they are fragrant and pliable.
- When the chiles are cool to the touch, remove the seeds and stems and discard.
- Place the toasted chiles in a pan and just barely cover with water.
- Bring to a boil the turn off the heat. Allow the chiles to soak for 15 minutes.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and onion.
- In a preheated skillet with 3 tbsp. of cooking oil blacken the tomato, onion and garlic.
- To the blender add the reconstituted chiles, tomato, onion garlic and 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid.
- Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Preheat a skillet with 4 tbsp. cooking oil then pour the blended mixture into the skillet.
- Add the vinegar and the sugar. Stir to incorporate.
- Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated from the adobo and it forms peaks when you pass a spoon through it.
- Allow it to rest for 2 hours while the chicken is marinating.
If you use different ingredients than the ones used in this recipe or use alternate method, please click Here to post your variation.