Upload recipe photo
[Total: 3 Average: 3.3/5]
Please rate it
Preparation Time : 10-15 mins
Marination Time :1-2 hrs
Cooking Time : 30-45 mins
Serves : 5-6
- Broken wheat - 1 cup
- Broken rice - 1 cup
- Channa Dhal - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 2 medium
- Lamb/Mutton - 250g
- Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tsp heaped
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Curd - 2 tblsp
- Finely chopped green chilli - 2
- 1/4 of the bunch of finely chopped mint leaves
- Cinnamon - 1" stick
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Lemon - 1
- Chopped coriander leaves - 1 tblsp
- Chopped mint leaves - 1 tblsp
- Soak the broken wheat, rice and channa dhal overnight. In the morning pressure cook all three of them together or seperately. Once they form a paste like texture, mix all three of them and keep aside.
- Cut the Onions lenght wise in nice long strips and golden fry them in oil.
- Take the cleaned meat and add all the main ingredients the ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, curd, finely chopped green chillie, 1/4 of the bunch of finely chopped mint leaves, 2 golden fried onions crushed and salt as per taste. This is called the Kurma. Let it Marinate for 1-2 hours.
- In a pressure cooker add 2 tbsp of Oil and the Cinnamon stick. Now add the marinated Mutton and little water. Pressure cook the kurma for about 15-20 mins. The mutton should be nicely cooked. Once done remove the bones from the mutton and if needed blend the cooked kurma in a blender.
- Add the whole cooked Kurma and cooked wheat-dhal mixture in a vessel and let it boil nicely. Add fried onions and ghee while the porridge is being cooked. You can also add salt at this point as per your taste.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and lemon.
If you use different ingredients than the ones used in this recipe or use alternate method, please click Here to post your variation.