A Cooking Day in Rome
Upload recipe photo
Please rate it
Preparation Time : 30-45 mins
Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves : 3-4
Ingredients for the pastry:
400 gr all-purpose flour
4 medium size eggs
4 pinches of salt.
For the sauce:
2 knobs of butter
For the filling:
½ glass of water
1 garlic clove
50 gr of grated parmesan
Rabbit liver and interiors
- For the filling:
- Clean the artichokes keeping all the external leaves and cutting off a part of the stalk.
- Put olive oil in a pan and add the artichokes upside down. Add some water and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime cut the rabbit liver and the interiors and pan fry for a few minutes with the olive oil and the garlic.
- On a cutting board cut the artichokes and the rabbit meat. Add parmesan and mix up with a blender to obtain the filling for our ravioli.
- For the Pastry and the sauce:
- On a clean work surface, mound flour and form a well in the centre. Add eggs, oil and pinch salt to the well.
- Using a fork, gently break up yolks and slowly incorporate flour from inside rim of well.
- Continue until liquid is absorbed, then knead with the palm of your hands until smooth.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic and let rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Roll pasta through machine, decreasing the setting, one notch at a time (do not fold or turn pasta) until pasta is smooth, thin and approximately 37 inches in length.
- Dust pasta sheet with flour and transfer to a lightly floured work surface. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Take one pasta sheet and place the filling in leaving one finger between each filling and one finger along the edges.
- Brush the pasta with egg white to hold the dough together. Cover the dough over with another pasta sheet and make edges meet.
- Begin on one end pressing firmly with fingers in the middle then work to the edges in order to assure there is no air left inside the pasta.
- Do the same with the other two sheets. Use a pasta cutter to cut the ravioli.
- In the meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add ravioli and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heath the 2 knobs of butter and add the chopped sage leaves.
- When the ravioli is ready drain to a colander and mix with the sauce adding a little boiled water.
- Add parmesan and serve.
If you use different ingredients than the ones used in this recipe or use alternate method, please click Here to post your variation.