Upload recipe photo
Please rate it
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 15-20 mins
Serves : 2
1 tbsp. olive oil
60g/2oz smoked salmon
300g/10oz russet potatoes
1 tsp. ground almonds
3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
30ml/1fl oz soya milk
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Chop the potatoes (We leave the skin on as it contains a lot of nutrition, but you can peel if you prefer), then grate or use the shredding feature on your food processor.
- Place the grated potatoes in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out all the excess water, then place in a mixing bowl. Add in the nutritional yeast, ground almonds and dried oregano and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small balls then flatten (if you make them too big, the middle of the hash brown won't be cooked through).
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes (until the outside has started to crisp).
- After about 15 minutes start making the scrambled egg and spinach. Place the spinach in a pan of boiling water to wilt for 3 minutes.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and mix with the soya milk and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, then pour in the egg mixture, leave it to settle for about 30 seconds, then stir continuously until the eggs are softly set.
- Slice up the smoked salmon, then plate everything up and serve.
If you use different ingredients than the ones used in this recipe or use alternate method, please click Here to post your variation.