Noodles in a tomato chicken broth served with a squirt of lime.
Upload recipe photo
Please rate it
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 15-20 mins
- 8-ounce package of “fideo” noodles
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 medium white onion
- 4 limes
- 1 ripe avocado (optional for garnish)
- 8 cups homemade chicken broth
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds. Puree the tomatoes, onion and garlic and set aside.
- Preheat 3 tbsp. of vegetable oil to medium hot. Add the noodles and stir to coat with oil. Continue stirring until the noodles have started to brown.
- Strain the pureed tomatoes, onion and garlic into the noodles. Notice the color of the noodles. Some of them should be very brown. The browned noodles add depth of flavor to the soup.
- Add the chicken broth and stir.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Cover and reduce to low heat. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Check the salt and adjust to taste before serving.
If you use different ingredients than the ones used in this recipe or use alternate method, please click Here to post your variation.