Upload recipe photo
Please rate it
Preparation Time : 45-60 mins
Cooking Time : 20-30 mins
Serves : 15-20
500g/18oz spelt flour
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
2 tsp. dry yeast
240ml/8fl oz water
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. coconut oil
- Place the flour, flaxseed, sesame seeds and dry yeast in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add in the honey and water, keep mixing as you go with an electric mixer until you reach a dough consistency.
- Sprinkle some flour on a cleaned work surface, then knead the dough until you have a firm ball.
- Place the dough in a large bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and leave for 1-1 1/2 hours. (Until the dough has doubled in size).
- Grease your loaf tin with coconut oil.
- Once the dough has risen, remove it from the bowl and place it in your tin.
- I sprinkle the top of mine with a few more sesame seeds (but this is optional).
- Slice a few cuts on top of the loaf and then cover with a kitchen towel again for another 30-40 minutes, to let it rise again.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Bake the loaf in the oven for 20-25 minutes, then leave out to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you use different ingredients than the ones used in this recipe or use alternate method, please click Here to post your variation.