Simple and Extremely Delicious!!!
Upload recipe photo
Please rate it
Preparation Time : 10-15 mins
Cooking Time : 20-30 mins
Serves : 5-6
3 lg. chicken breasts
3/4 cup prepared pesto
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (divided)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 - 3 cups raw baby spinach
1 12 oz. bag of uncooked pasta of your choice (I used penne)
Spices/Seasonings (your choice/to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 375;
- In a large pot start to heat water to a boil for the pasta;
- In a large skillet heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil;
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and season as desired (I used garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little lemon pepper seasoning)
- Cook chicken while simultaneously cooking pasta according to package directions (don't forge to salt the water and make sure you don't over cook the pasta; a little bit underdone is desirable since the casserole will be going in the oven to finish cooking);
- Once both the chicken and pasta are done cooking, drain both and return all to your large pot. Immediately, while the chicken and pasta is still very hot, gradually add spinach and stir well to cook/wilt the spinach;
- Add pesto, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the Italian cheese blend, and a few pinches of salt, and stir well to combine;
- Lightly grease 9 x 13 casserole dish, pour in pasta mixture, and top with remaining Italian cheese blend;
- Cook at 375 for approx 18 min. then top with bread crumbs (spray bread crumbs lightly with cooking oil spray to prevent scorching). Return casserole to oven for another 5 to 7 minutes, then top with parmesan and broil until golden brown (approx. 2 to 3 minutes).
Notes : I randomly threw some ingredients together one night and this insanely yummy casserole was the fantastic result!
If you use different ingredients than the ones used in this recipe or use alternate method, please click Here to post your variation.